Thursday, September 6, 2012


The Tear Collector

My Father is in the business of collecting tears
He has a jar for every one of His children
When He sees His child’s teardrop fall
He runs swiftly to catch it in a jar
Thus He is never far from them
Each tear is precious to Him
It sprang from the heart of His precious child

My Father is in the business of sharing
He shares the heavy loads His children bear
He said, “Come to Me all you who are weary
And burdened
I will give you rest”
So when you feel you can’t go on
Just ask the Father
He will share it with you

Now that I’ve come to know Him
I know this to be true
I was never alone in the midst of my suffering
When my father abused me, He was there
When my mother neglected me, He was there too
He collected every one of my tears
As a child collects treasures in a tiny tin box

My Father is in the business of compassion
“Compassion- a feeling of sadness because
Of another’s trouble or suffering"
God sent His only Son to die a horrible death
Death on a cross
For me—For you
God the Father reached down from His throne on high
To come along side us out of compassion

He sent Jesus as a representative of Him
To know Jesus is to know the Father
To know Jesus is to know compassion and mercy
When Jesus met the widow who lost her son
“He was moved with pity for her and said
‘Do not weep’” 

God’s Word tells us
“He had to become like his brothers
In every way so that He might be merciful”
He himself “offered loud cries and tears to the
Father who was able to save him from death”

As Jesus was lifted up
So might we be
As we trust in Him with our burdens
Pains, disappointments, and sorrows

Let us embrace God the Father
The Tear Collector

 “Put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book?”  Psalm 56:8. NAS


Go to Holly's website. Buy her books. Be inspired. www.tinmanminstries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment